Welcome to The Reeves Registry

Main Menu
Share This Page

Introduction

DNA Project
Robert Ryves Tree
Barry's Blog
:: View topic > Sarah Elizabeth Reeves b. 07 Dec 1850 Al, d. 1933 Ok
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   My AccountMy Account   Log inLog in 

Sarah Elizabeth Reeves b. 07 Dec 1850 Al, d. 1933 Ok

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|     The Reeves Registry Forum Index -> Lost and Found
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillMorrow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Sarah Elizabeth Reeves b. 07 Dec 1850 Al, d. 1933 Ok Reply with quote

My great grandmother is Sarah "Sallie" Elizabeth Reeves, born 07 Dec 1850 in Alabama. She died 30 Dec 1933 at Tishomingo, Oklahoma. I found her in the 1870 census of Fayette Co Al, Sarah Reeves age 19, living with her maternal uncle Moses Walters. Her brother John Reeves 15, born Al, also lived with the family. Family lore is that Sallie and John "walked across Alabama during the civil war, to live with uncle Moses". Various census reports showed that Sallie was born in Alabama, but she stated her parents were born in either SC or NC. Moses Walters stated he was born in SC or NC, he also varied. Sallie married John William Morrow 07 Dec 1870 at the home of Moses Walters. Later they moved to Chickasaw Co Ms. I lost track of Sallie's brother John Reeves. Family lore is that he lived near Ladonia, Fannin Co Tx in the late 1880's early 1930's then his family moved to California. Dad remembers John had a son Ira and gson Howard Wade Reeves.
I've hit the proverbial brick wall trying to find the names of Sallie's parents. Tried everything I know. Any help would be appreciated.
Bill Morrow of Oklahoma
yzarcem

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Sarah Elizabeth Reeves b. 07 Dec 1850 Al, d. 1933 Ok Reply with quote

I don't know if I can help you or not, but if nothing else, maybe I can help to set you down a possible trail. There are a few similarities in your great-grandmother's geneology & that of some of my ancestors. My Reeves ancestors are tracable to South Carolina, and immediately after the first generation I can find, they moved to Alabama (Pike County).

Is Reeves her maiden name, or married name? If it is her married name, do you have any idea what your great-grandfather's name was?

There was a David Reeves (b. 1796 in South Carolina) who married Elizabeth Unknown (b. 1798 in South Carolina). They had 8 children that I know of (a few males of which I don't have anything but name & DOB)...child number 7 was Elizabeth Reeves, c.1840. BUT...my records show her, according to the 1870 census, living with an older syster(Martha Jane Bullock). After that, nobody in my family knows what happened to Elizabeth.
BillMorrow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Sarah Elizabeth Reeves b. 07 Dec 1850 Al, d. 1933 Ok Reply with quote

My great grandmother's maiden name was Sarah Elizabeth Reeves. She was born 07 Dec 1850 in Alabama. She appeared in the 1870 census of Fayette Co Al living with her uncle Moses Walters & family. Her brother John Reeves b. c1855 was also in the census.
Sarah "Sallie" married John William Morrow 07 Dec 1870 at the home of her uncle Moses Walters near Fayette Alabama. John & Sallie moved to Chickasaw Co Ms c1871 and appeared in 1880 census living near Buena Vista, about 30 miles SE of Houston, the county seat of Chickasaw Co Ms.
John died 14 Feb 1890 and Sallie & children moved to Delta Co Tx appearing in the 1900 census there. Then c1903 Sallie moved to Tishomingo, Oklahoma. She lived there until her death in 1833.
Bill Morrow
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|     The Reeves Registry Forum Index -> Lost and Found All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: